Monday, February 25, 2013

A Letter a Day...Gg

Today is letter G! Be sure to only teach the hard sound of g as in /g/- girl and not the soft sound as in giraffe when introducing this letter.

Food for the day:
Breakfast- greek yogurt with granola, grapes, and grapefruit
Snack- graham crackers, goldfish crackers
Lunch- grilled cheese sandwiches, green apple slices, Go-gurt
Dinner- spaghetti, green beans, and garlic bread

Place to go: We went to a botanical garden. It was fabulous! We fed butterflies nectar, saw some amazing birds, and the winding paths and scenery kept us curious. I told my son to point to anything he could find that began with G. He picked up quickly on "green" and pointed to EVERYTHING green! He did find a "gate" and a "grasshopper" so I think he got the point. :)


Today we also talked about giving. The night before this activity, I went through a bunch of my son's baby toys or toys that he never plays with a put them in a large basket. We talked about how important it is to give and how it makes your heart grow when you give to others who don't have as much as my child. After our botanical gardens trip, we dropped off the toys at our local Goodwill. My son had a lot of questions as to where his toys would go, but once I explained to him that there were some children who didn't have toys to play with and that were sad, he was happy to donate. I made a big deal of telling him how proud I was of him and that he did a great, great thing.

I stopped by Target to get in some Grocery Shopping (hey, it starts with G) and on the dollar aisle were little pots of Forget-Me-Nots in soil. We grabbed several and planted them in our garden at home.




Tonight after dinner we had family game night! We played so many. Some of our favorites are: Dominoes, The Lady Bug Game, Zingo, Trouble, and High Ho Cherry-O, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



No comments:

Post a Comment